[Zrouter-users] devices that zrouter can run on and some info

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Sat Nov 12 05:09:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, November 11, 2011 09:47, Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 03:03:32 -0200
> "Nenhum_de_Nos" <matheus at eternamente.info> wrote:
>
>>> hail all,
>
> Hi Nenhum!

hi and thanks for the input :)

>>> I just saw the zrouter info on FreeBSD quarter status, and got too
>>> interested in. I can't help on developing, but I may help on testing
>>> somehow sometimes. So as I saw there was support for DIR-615 E4 and
>>> TL-WR941ND ver: 3.2, I just got interested in the latter.
> Both a bad choice, because have only 4M of flash. It is possible to
> done full support of such boxes, since I already made even IPSec
> enabled firmware for Broadcom BCM5354 box w/ 4M, but so small profiles
> are not done in zrouter.org (only very limited, to test some parts)

hmm, I thought about them as they are inexpensive, and I could have FreeBSD even on small power
footprint boxes. I assume any port (from FreeBSD ports ;) would be overkill :)

so, what hardware you recommend ? I saw a Dlink that has USB, can that be used as storage ? I
figure this won't come cheap, but would be great to have FreeBSD+ipfw+pf+iperf on such small dev
:)

>>> But my local vendor just have th WR941ND ver: 3.5. How can I know
>>> they are similar ? is there a list on the site (I looked for and
>>> didn't find a list like on dd-wrt page - which was my last guide to
>>> buy these kind of hardware).
>>>
>>> and apart from this, where can I find what is meant by support. As
>>> to what works and to what extent it does.
> Minimum to "support" is ability to run FreeBSD kernel, event without
> any device drivers other than CPU. But most supported devices have
> support of Ethernet NICs, Ethernet switches, partial or full Wireless,
> flash drivers (CFI, SPI), GPIO (buttons, LEDs), etc.
> Since, as you say, you can't help us with development, you may help
> with documentation :)
> Fill pages about devices that available in box, and specify level of
> support.

I plan to do this some time in the future, I just have to finish a course of mine, and will try to
get on these :)

I'll keep on the list and try to catch up to the project as much as I can :)

>>> this is a great step for FreeBSD, congratulations for it,
> Thank you!
>
> If you have interest join us at IRC channel #zrouter in EFnet irc
> network.
>

>>> thanks,
> Welcome!

thanks :)