[Zrouter-users] DSR-500N bootloader recovery

Mircea Botoca-Huh mircea.huh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:07:20 UTC 2013

These are the steps to recover the u-boot bootloader on dlink DSR-500N
router (it should work on all DSR series but I tested only with 500N).

1. Open the case and remove the jumper (there is only one jumper). This way
you will boot into failsafe bootloader.

2. Connect a RS232 cable to console port. Settings: 115200 8N1 parity none,
flow control none.

3. Power on the router

4. If you don't have the uboot binary please contact me and I will send it
to you.

5. Because the failsafe bootloader does not support networking, you have to
load the file using a serial connection. At dsr prompt enter: loadb

6. Now send the binary file to the router using any terminal which is
capable to send files with kermit (I use hyperterminal)

7. After the file is successfully loaded onto the router, type the
following command: run bootloader_flash_update

8. After the update is done, power off the router and put the jumper back.

Now your DSR should boot the normal way.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Mircea